Tuesday 23 August 2016

Very lazy one-dish Mexican chicken

I was very lazy yesterday and with my partner not knowing when he will be home, I decided to make a dish that represented my super lazyness. 
It is a one-dish recipe that isn’t necessarily looking like a posh dish, but it takes no effort and is delish and flavourful. You will want seconds, trust me.

The ingredients are straight from the pantry and it turned out popular with the kids too. I only had baked beans but originally I made this dish with kidney beans. Totally up to you, or let’s say your pantry

Ingredients make 4:

4 chicken breasts
1 tin baked beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin corn
3 tbsp dried onions
1 ½ tbsp cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
½ tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili flakes
1 cup basmati rice
5 small garlic cloves, chopped
2 spring onions
1 tsp Cajun spice mix
1 lime
50 gr grated cheddar
1 tbsp olive oil
50 ml water
Sour cream to serve
*********************

Pre heat the oven to 200C. I use my lasagne dish and literally just add all the ingredients in that dish, start with olive oil, rice and the tinned stuff, then spices. Make sure everything is mixed up good, then place the chicken breasts into the mix, submerge a bit but not totally. Add the water and cover the whole thing with tin foil. This ensures that the rice is cooking and will be lovely and soft without turning crunchy. 


Bake for about 45 minutes and then add the grated cheese over each of the chicken fillets. Bake a further 15-20 minutes so the cheese can melt. Once you take it out let it rest for about 5 minutes and then it is all ready to be dished up.

I added spring onions and sour cream as side, you can also add a small salad and nachos if you have them, I didn’t.

Enjoy this easy recipe and also that there is almost no washing up to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment